Monday, February 10, 2014

New Year, Same Me...


                As the year passed us by, how many people have we thanked for being a part of our previous year? Have we ever had the time to reminisce all the things that we made and tried to understand the lessons it gave to us?

                When New Year comes, there’s that apocalypse of people saying the “New Year, New Me” thing. As I grew older, it occurred then to me that it became such a wasteful way of promising oneself about change and unfortunately will not continue to do it. It seems to be a chant and not something that people really care about and put to heart as they say it.

                While 2014 was starting, I was getting ready for those texts, posts on Facebook, tweets on Twitter about those lies that they will change. Somehow, it did not happen! Why? Because the Number Game was popularized by the Twitter Society and eventually copied by the Facebook People. I got pissed with all those numbers seen in my News Feed but I became thankful after a while because I realized that people were not talking about change and nonsense about their lives. Yet, I still don’t get the point why people say such words but can’t do it anyway. I always thought and knew that action speaks louder than words, so why keep talking when you can just do it?

                I’ve always been wondering but now I get the point of people saying those “New Year, New Me” crap every single time that they reach a New Year. They are just using those to make themselves feel that they can really make efforts and even change. But I wonder when will be the time that people will seriously do what they say and stop their nonsense reasons why they can’t. All they need to do is make some effort.


                And in life, promises aren’t supposed to be broken. Life must carry on and only change when needed, not when every New Year comes, we swear and never do it. That is just plain rude to our decency. Better not change than to lie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;